General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- The Distinguished Young Women program is looking for senior females involved in school and/or community activities. They also seek those senior females who are outstanding in academics, leadership skills, athletics, or fine arts. This program helps you gain experience in public-speaking, interviewing and other life skills along with an opportunities to earn scholarships for college. For more information check out the flyer on the bulletin board across from the guidance office.
- There are currently openings for the Dual Certified Nursing Assistant class for trimester 2. These openings are for senior students only. Please see Ms. Clark in the guidance office for details.
- DECA will have a meeting next Thursday, September 29 at 7:00 AM in room 205. All DECA members are encouraged to attend and find out the great things going on with DECA. Anyone interested in DECA or who have a question should see Ms. Weisinger.
- The guidance department would like you to know that they have established a job opportunities board outside of the guidance office. If you are looking for a job, take a look and see what is available.
- Anyone interested in playing girls powder puff or boys volleyball for homecoming please contact one of the following: Seniors-Lexi Schmidt, Juniors-Katie Larson, Sophomore-Chloe Blind and Freshman-Jada Sheppard. There will also be a sign up sheet in the guidance office.
Freshman – if you are interested in helping to build a float for the homecoming parade contact Deanna Warner.
- Seniors – you may vote for the homecoming court from Tuesday through Thursday this week. The court will be announced at the assembly on Monday, September 26.
- The Program Director of the YMCA is looking for a few volunteers to help with youth programs throughout the year. The tasks could vary depending on the sport or activity. If interested, contact Justina Spear at (319) 372-2403, extension 2.
- If you are a senior and have a free block in your schedule and are looking to earn volunteer hours by mentoring elementary-aged children, Great River Are Youth Mentoring (formerly Big Brothers, Big Sisters) may be a good fit for you. If you are interested, please see Ms. Harter in guidance to obtain an application.
- Best of luck to the cross country teams as they travel to Mount Pleasant.
- Good luck to the volleyball teams as they travel to Mount Pleasant to take on the Panthers this evening.
- Corn dog or ravioli;
- Baked beans or coleslaw;
- Peaches or apricots.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1998 – Cal Ripken, Jr. sat out a game for the first time in 2,632 games spanning 16 seasons.
Fact of the Day (FOTD):
Quote of the Day (QOTD): Cal Ripken, Jr. broke the record for most consecutive games played held by Lou Gehrig, who set the previous record of 2,130 games. During that span, Gehrig broke his hand 17 separate times,
Quote of the Day (QOTD):
Digital Citizenship of The Day: