General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- There will be a financial aid night on Wednesday, September 21st at 6:00 PM in the FMHS library for any junior or senior interested in learning about FAFSA and how you and your parents might pay for college.
- Attention college bound juniors – you may now sign up for the PSAT in the guidance office. Taking the PSAT qualifies you for the National Merit Scholarship and is great practice for the ACT or SAT. The test is $15 and will be administered on October 19th at 8:15 AM at FMHS. Please see Ms. Clark in guidance for details.
- This is a reminder for all you young men that are turning 18. As a young man in the United States you must register with the Selective Service System. You can register here. Stop by the guidance office if you need more information.
- Senior pictures are due to yearbook no later than December 9th. Please see Ms. Brownlee in room 303 with questions.
- If you or your parent purchased a yearbook, you should have received an email from Mrs. Brownlee inviting you to pick it up. Please see Ms. Jones in the office to collect your yearbook. If you forgot to purchase a yearbook and have reserved one with Mrs. Brownlee, please pick it up this week in room 303. Yearbooks are $45.
- The Distinguished Young Women program is looking for senior females involved in school and/or community activities. They also seek those senior females who are outstanding in academics, leadership skills, athletics, or fine arts. This program helps you gain experience in public-speaking, interviewing and other life skills along with an opportunities to earn scholarships for college. For more information check out the flyer on the bulletin board across from the guidance office.
- Art in the Park will be held on Sunday, September 18th from noon-2:00 PM at Central Park with a free luncheon beforehand. The hosts of the event are asking for volunteers to help at the children’s art booth to help children complete art projects. The activity and all supplies will be furnished. If you are interested in helping at Art in the Park, please see Ms. Hayler in the main office.
- The Eagles Club is in need of volunteers to assist with the Montrose Fireworks Commission taco supper. The taco supper will be held on Tuesday, October 4th from 5:00-8:30 PM. Please email email@example.com with questions.
- The Program Director of the YMCA is looking for a few volunteers to help with youth programs throughout the year. The tasks could vary depending on the sport or activity. If interested, contact Justina Spear at (319) 372-2403, extension 2.
- Good luck to the cross country teams as they host tonight at Rodeo Park. Come out and show your support for these hard-working Harriers.
- Happy birthday to Veronica Wells.
- Macaroni and cheese;
- Carrots with ranch or green beans;
This Day in History (TDIH): 1835 – Charles Darwin and the HMS Beagle reached the Galapagos Islands where he will develop his theory of natural selection.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): Charles Darwin’s voyage aboard the HMS Beagle lasted five years. Darwin only believed the voyage to have lasted two years.
Quote of the Day (QOTD):
Digital Citizenship of The Day: