General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Attention Juniors and Seniors who are interested in going into the healthcare field: Great River Medical is offering the healthcare career workshop again this school year. The session’s are October 6th, December 1st, February 16th, and April 27th. Please see Ms. Clark in guidance to pick up a flyer or for more information.
- Senior pictures are due to yearbook no later than December 9th. Please see Ms. Brownlee in room 303 with questions.
- Attention college bound juniors – you may now sign up for the PSAT in the guidance office. Taking the PSAT qualifies you for the National Merit Scholarship and is great practice for the ACT or SAT. The test is $15 and will be administered on October 19th at 8:15 AM at FMHS. Please see Ms. Clark in guidance for details.
- There will be a financial aid night on Wednesday, September 21st at 6:00 PM in the FMHS library for any junior or senior interested in learning about FAFSA and how you and your parents might pay for college.
- There is a Gay-Straight Alliance (GSA) meeting on today right after school in room 202.
- Art in the Park will be held on Sunday, September 18th from noon-2:00 PM at Central Park with a free luncheon beforehand. The hosts of the event are asking for volunteers to help at the children’s art booth to help children complete art projects. The activity and all supplies will be furnished. If you are interested in helping at Art in the Park, please see Ms. Hayler in the main office.
- The Eagles Club is in need of volunteers to assist with the Montrose Fireworks Commission taco supper. The taco supper will be held on Tuesday, October 4th from 5:00-8:30 PM. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Happy birthdays to Donald Bell and Ryan Robertson (Friday)
- Happy birthday to Corrine Keenan (Saturday)
- Happy birthdays to Dryden Dorothy and Paige VanFleet.
- Chicken patty or meatball sub sandwich;
- Green beans or au gratin potatoes ;
- Mandarin oranges or potatoes.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1992: Dr. Mae Carol Jemison became the first black woman in space aboard the Space Shuttle Endeavor.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): Astronaut Michael J. Massimino was the first person to ever tweet from space.
Quote of the Day (QOTD):
Digital Citizenship of The Day: