General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Homecoming and powder puff shirts will be on sale during lunch through today. Money and order forms need to be turned in by then with no exceptions. See Ms. Harter in the guidance office or Ms. Jones in the main office for details.
- Attention Juniors and Seniors who are interested in going into the healthcare field: Great River Medical is offering the healthcare career workshop again this school year. The session’s are October 6th, December 1st, February 16th, and April 27th. Please see Ms. Clark in guidance to pick up a flyer or for more information.
- Senior pictures are due to yearbook no later than December 9th. Please see Ms. Brownlee in room 303 with questions.
- Attention college bound juniors – you may now sign up for the PSAT in the guidance office. Taking the PSAT qualifies you for the National Merit Scholarship and is great practice for the ACT or SAT. The test is $15 and will be administered on October 19th at 8:5 AM at FMHS. Please see Ms. Clark in guidance for details.
- There will be a financial aid night on Wednesday, September 21st at 6:00 PM in the FMHS library for any junior or senior interested in learning about FAFSA and how you and your parents might pay for college.
- The Fort Madison Lion’s Club is looking for volunteers to help with setting up for their pancake breakfast on Saturday, September 10th at 1:00 PM. You may also volunteer for the pancake breakfast on Sunday, September 11th at the Fort Madison Airport from 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Proceeds from this event will help children with severe health needs. As a thank you for volunteering your pancake breakfast will be provided. Please contact Ms. Clark in guidance for information.
- Art in the Park will be held on Sunday, September 18th from noon-2:00 PM at Central Park with a free luncheon beforehand. The hosts of the event are asking for volunteers to help at the children’s art booth to help children complete art projects. The activity and all supplies will be furnished. If you are interested in helping at Art in the Park, please see Ms. Hayler in the main office.
- The Eagles Club is in need of volunteers to assist with the Montrose Fireworks Commission taco supper. The taco supper will be held on Tuesday, October 4th from 5:00-8:30 PM. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Happy birthday to Catarina Rogers.
- Hot dog or Rueben;
- Sweet potatoes or corn;
- Peaches or applesauce;
- Muffin square.
This Day in History (TDIH): Mark McGwire hits his 62nd home run of the season, breaking Roger Maris’s record of 61 set in 1961.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): 21 million hot dogs are consumed each year at baseball games. If you lined all of those hot dogs up they would round the bases 29,961 times.
Quote of the Day (QOTD):
Digital Citizenship of the Day: