General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- Any freshman interested in being a class officer in student government please see Ms. Jones in the main office after school.
- Student government is in need of six to ten juniors and their parents to work concessions at the football game on Friday, September 6.
- Homecoming and powder puff shirts will be on sale during lunch until Thursday, September 8. Money and order forms need to be turned in by then with no exceptions. See Ms. Harter in the guidance office or Ms. Jones in the main office for details.
- Iowa State University will have a representative at FMHS during lunch today. If you would like to learn more about ISU please stop by their table in the MPR to chat.
- Attention Juniors and Seniors who are interested in going into the healthcare field: Great River Medical is offering the healthcare career workshop again this school year. The session’s are October 6th, December 1st, February 16th, and April 27th. Please see Ms. Clark in guidance to pick up a flyer or for more information.
- If you are interested in participating in the SCC Fall baseball league, please see Mr. Steeples in room 317.
- The Tri-State Special Kids’ Rodeo is looking for volunteers to help make their event possible. If you are interested, please see Mr. Mitchell in the main office.
- The Fort Madison Lion’s Club is looking for volunteers to help with setting up for their pancake breakfast on Saturday, September 10th at 1:00 PM. You may also volunteer for the pancake breakfast on Sunday, September 11th at the Fort Madison Airport from 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Proceeds from this event will help children with severe health needs. As a thank you for volunteering your pancake breakfast will be provided. Please contact Ms. Clark in guidance for information.
- Art in the Park will be held on Sunday, September 18th from noon-2:00 PM at Central Park with a free luncheon beforehand. The hosts of the event are asking for volunteers to help at the children’s art booth to help children complete art projects. The activity and all supplies will be furnished. If you are interested in helping at Art in the Park, please see Ms. Hayler in the main office.
- The Eagles Club is in need of volunteers to assist with the Montrose Fireworks Commission taco supper. The taco supper will be held on Tuesday, October 4th from 5:00-8:30 PM. Please email email@example.com with questions.
- Good luck to the football team as they travel to Central Lee tonight. Pack those stands!
- Best of luck to the volleyball teams as they travel to weekend tournaments.
- Happy birthdays to Josh McFadden and Jada Sheppard.
- Macaroni salad or carrots;
- Mixed fruit or fresh fruit.
This Day in History (TDIH): 1901 – VP Teddy Roosevelt gives his “speak softly and carry a big stick” speech at the Minnesota State Fair.
Fact of the Day (FOTD): Teddy Roosevelt was fond of boxing and even lost sight in his left eye due to a boxing injury incurred during a match at the White House.
Quote of the Day (QOTD): “We must dare to be great; and we must realize that greatness is the fruit of toil and sacrifice and high courage.” – Teddy Roosevelt