Tuesday, August 30, 2016
General Announcements @FMHighSchool:
- FMCSD will be operating on a 1:00 PM early dismissal today. An email containing the schedule was sent last evening.
- There will be a DECA meeting this Thursday, September 1, at 12:30 during B lunch in room 205. Anyone interested in finding out what DECA is about or wanting to join is welcome to come. Pizza will be served. If you have any questions please talk to Ms. Weisinger.
- Those students who received National Honor Society packets during summer must have those returned to Mr. Madsen before 3:30 PM on Thursday . If you have questions about the packet, please see Mr. Madsen in the band room.
- The annual FMHS Open House will be this Wednesday from 3:30-7:00 PM. Encourage your parents to attend to see all of the neat things going on at FMHS.
- Any freshman interested in being a class officer in student government please see Ms. Jones in the main office after school.
- FMHS picture day is Friday. You received information in homeroom on the first day of school. If you did not, please see Ms. Hayler in the main office.
- Juniors: if you plan to attend college and have taken Algebra II you should be considering taking the ACT. Not sure what the ACT is or when to take it? Stop by the counseling office and see one of the counselors. If you want to maximize your score you may want to consider attending the test prep sessions at the Elliott Test Kitchen.
- Homecoming and powder puff shirts will be on sale during lunch until Thursday, September 8. Money and order forms need to be turned in by then with no exceptions. See Ms. Harter in the guidance office or Ms. Jones in the main office for details.
- Iowa State University will have a representative at FMHS during lunch on Friday. If you would like to learn more about ISU please stop by their table in the MPR to chat.
- The Tri-State Special Kids’ Rodeo is looking for volunteers to help make their event possible. If you are interested, please see Mr. Mitchell in the main office.
- The Fort Madison Lion’s Club is looking for volunteers to help with setting up for their pancake breakfast on Saturday, September 10th at 1:00 PM. You may also volunteer for the pancake breakfast on Sunday, September 11th at the Fort Madison Airport from 7:00 AM to 12:00 PM. Proceeds from this event will help children with severe health needs. As a thank you for volunteering your pancake breakfast will be provided. Please contact Ms. Clark in guidance for information.
- Art in the Park will be held on Sunday, September 18th from noon-2:00 PM at Central Park with a free luncheon beforehand. The hosts of the event are asking for volunteers to help at the children’s art booth to help children complete art projects. The activity and all supplies will be furnished. If you are interested in helping at Art in the Park, please see Ms. Hayler in the main office.
- Congratulations to the JV football team on their defeat of Davis County last evening.
- Good luck to the cross country team as they travel to Williamsburg today.
- Best of luck to the volleyball teams as they host Mount Pleasant tonight. The theme for the games is tye-dye.
Lunch Menu: Pulled pork sandwich or tuna salad sandwich; celery sticks or glazed carrots; cherry crisp or apple sauce; cookie.